10.14.2012

Pinterest Review: Pumpkin Muffins



I've been on Pinterest for a few months now and came across an easy pumpkin muffin recipe. I discovered this during the Summer and since, have been waiting patiently for the hot weather to cool down. With Fall finally here, I spent my Sunday, Halloween decorating and enjoying the sweet aroma of my pumpkin spice candles. The scent of pumpkin spice just wasn't enough. Back to Pinterest, I decided to try this pumpkin recipe found here.

What you'll need:

Cupcake papers
15 oz Pure Pumpkin
1 box cake mix
(I used what I had in my kitchen)



Instructions:

 Mix cake mix and pumpkin. Spoon onto cupcake wrappers and bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25mins. Allow to cool, add frosting.

Easy right?



Whipped Cream Frosting was too rich!





Review:

I couldn't believe how quick & easy this was to do! No mess with eggs or oil! I didn't use the exact flavors as the original recipe but it still came out pretty good. I used whipped cream frosting instead of cream cheese frosting; big difference! The whipped cream frosting was a little too sweet and took away from the pumpkin flavor. I highly recommend using a cream cheese frosting or something homemade to enhance the pumpkin. There was more than a hint of pumpkin, but I really like my pumpkin to pop, so adding pumpkin spice seasoning will do the job. At first, I was worried about how the texture would be without our traditional eggs & oil; the texture was similar to a muffin, yet a little crumbly but not falling apart as you bite into it. I am looking forward to eating one with my coffee & pumpkin creamer tomorrow morning and I will definitely bake these again!

 Revised on 10/26/12

Okay, so I decided to give these another try! This time using cream cheese frosting and spice cake mix vs whipped frosting and butter cake mix! OMG much better! Still added a dash of pumpkin spice, the flavors flowed! I highly recommend trying this version for Fall season.



No comments:

Post a Comment